Mississippi Sam - SOLD!
Mississippi Sam is a 16.1+ hh Grayboo
twin who has been off-the-track for two years living the good life on
the farm of his breeder. His grand sire is Smile, the same grand sire
as Smarty Jones — last year's Kentucky Derby winner. His father
Smilin Singin Sam ran in the Kentucky Derby in 1994.
"Sam" only raced eight times. He showed none of the talent
of his Kentucky Derby relatives so he was retired to the farm which is
where we found him. He is wooly from being turned out. He was barefoot
but his feet are in fantastic shape. His feet are big and well shaped.
He has a little more bone than Grayboo and the same wonderful gaits. "Sam"
needs some more weight and needs to shed out that thick wooly coat before
he will look as striking as Grayboo. "Sam" is very kind, sound
and talented. He wants to be loved as a pet. He has great potential as
an event horse or hunter/jumper. If you have the talent of seeing a diamond
in the rough - look closely at Mississippi Sam before
his price goes up!
to check out his pedigree. HIs family tree includes: Smile, Nijinsky,
Bold Ruler, Boldnesian, In Reality, Intentionally, Northern Dancer, Nearctic
- Sam is walking, trotting and cantering in the arena and on trails
- He has been on one trail ride already and was well behaved
- Sam will jump small logs in the woods and will cross creeks
- He has learned to go on the lunge
- Sam has been started over ground poles
- Sam has learned to jump! He loves it and is a natural.
- He is a quick learner and a steady horse who shows great potential
as an eventor or show horse.
to Mississippi Sam's Page 1,
Return to Horses for Sale Home Page.
If you liked Sam - but missed
out - take a look at Grayboo.
more information & prices:
Please call for more information.